Principal & Director.
Orchard Academy is currently recruiting for a full-time Principal & Director.
Responsible for all educational and administrative functions of the Academy, including the selection and evaluation of staff and ensuring quality outcomes for students. Ensure that educational staff maintain a person-centered philosophy in all aspects of transition services. Provide leadership in program development, marketing to school districts, budgeting and grant-writing activities to expand educational services.
- Supervise educational staff and provide on-the-job training
- Ensure that educational staff participate as active, collaborative members of the Outcome Support Team and ensure the achievement of student desired outcomes
- Maintain student census to create a stable working environment for staff and students.
- Ensure that each student is supported to identify and achieve transition and IEP goals based on individual’s preferences, interests, and skill level. Oversee all education contracts and IEP’s with the home districts of all students
- Provide public relations and marketing to school districts and referring partners. Provide school tours and actively recruit new students
- Complete and submit billing and support documents to appropriate agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Education required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Professional Educator License
- Endorsement in General Administration and Learning Behavior Specialist I (LBSI)
- Valid driver’s license
- Five years’ experience working with people with disabilities in a vocational and/or educational setting