Orchard Village, founded in Skokie, Illinois in 1972, is a fully licensed nonprofit organization that annually provides support to nearly 300 individuals (all ages) with developmental disabilities in north and northwest Chicagoland. We empower people with developmental disabilities through vocational, educational, recreational, and residential programs to live their best lives. Orchard Village is seeking a full-time Vocational Specialist to join our team!
Job Coach Responsibilities:
- Support clients with disabilities in community based internships, teaching and adapting the environment so that increasing levels of independence are achieved.
- Advocate on behalf of all program participants, working to foster the individual’s independence and enhancing skills both inside and outside the workplace.
- Provide support to individuals with disabilities to obtain community-based employment.
- Maintain interdisciplinary communication, case notes for each individual, input for quarterly vocational assessments & task/job analysis.
Job Coach Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree or higher in Psychology, Social Work, Education, Rehabilitation, or a related field preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to the philosophy of person-centered services for people with disabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Valid driver’s license required.